A Cat Friendly Practice creates a safe, low-stress atmosphere for feline patients, while providing the highest quality standard of care. Our veterinary team has advanced training to perform the veterinary care that cats specifically require with the special attention they need.
To learn more go to
Below are some specific ways in which cat owners can benefit from visiting a Cat Friendly Practice:
- They make an effort to have a calming environment.
- They have incorporated a waiting room/area that reduces stress associated with noise, other pets or unfamiliar smells (methods can include feline-only area, cat-only appointment times, going directly into the exam room, etc.).
- Staff are trained to understand the individualized needs of cats including feline specific behavior and facial features.
- They implement the Feline-Friendly Handling Guidelines to facilitate a more positive experience.
- They use a slow approach to achieve positive results.
- They develop an individual plan based on your cat’s specific needs, preferences and behaviors.
- They implement ways to make you and your cat be as comfortable as possible.
- Staff continually obtain education on the most current feline research and guidelines.
- They will help ensure that you are a valuable member of your cat’s healthcare team and help you understand your cat’s needs and what you can do at home to ensure they get the care they need.
- Many use synthetic feline facial pheromones for a calming effect.
- Many have a feline-only examination room that provides a safe, non-threatening area where cats can be examined calmly and effectively.
- They have experience to recognize subtle, early signs of fear or anxiety and adapt appropriately.
- Their cat ward, hospitalization area and operating room have been assessed to include appropriate feline equipment, tools and procedures.